Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures
Whilst children and young people are participating in golf activities in our care, Kington Golf Club has a responsibility to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
Kington Golf Club recognises the policies of the National Governing bodies, as set in out in the as set out on the children in golf website. The policy and supporting procedures set out a framework to fulfil our commitment to good practice and the protection of children in our care.
- A child is defined by law as a person under the age of 18 years
- The welfare of children is paramount
- All children, regardless of their Age, Race, Religion or Belief, Disability, Sex or Sexual Orientation, have the right to protection from abuse
- All concerns and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- All children have the right to be safe
- All children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- Kington Golf Club will work with children, their parents and external organisations to safeguard the welfare of children participating in golf
- We recognise the authority of the statutory agencies and are committed to complying with Local Safeguarding Children Board Guidelines (LSCB) and any documentation, which supersedes these.
Kington Golf Club aims to:
- Provide a safe environment for children participating in golfing activities within the club and try to ensure that they enjoy the experience.
- Reassure parents (and carers) that their children will receive the best care possible whilst participating in club activities & communicate policy & procedure to them through website/letter/consents.
- Support adults (staff, volunteers, PGA Professionals, coaches, members and visitors to the club) to understand their roles and responsibilities with regard to the Duty of Care and protection of children.
- Provide appropriate level training and support to staff, volunteers & coaches to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues and to fulfill their role effectively
Adopt the Children in Golf Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures and any related policies where appropriate.
Download a copy of the full Kington Policy and Procedures document here.