Results of the Ladies’ Am Am - Tuesday 16th May 2017
Two scores to count on all holes, with 4 scores counting on the 9th and 18th holes.
1st Chris Hughes, Sherrie Edwards - Builth Wells. Sally Wilkinson, Lynn Manmos - Aberdovey. 91pts.
2nd Barbara Passey, Audrey Philpott, Wendy Douglas, Toinette Davies – Kington. 86pts.
3rd Fiona Hingey – Enville, Selina Williams, Jane Brian – Ombersley, Gail Duffield – Sandwell Park. 84pts.
4th Hayley Price, Lindsay Jones, Jayne Wynn – Builth Wells. Sandra Hodnet – Knighton. 80pts.
5th Pauline Cook, Debbie Degge, Angela Smith, Liz Denton – Bromsgrove. 80pts.
Nearest the pin
5th Enid Crowe - Kington.
9th Hayley Price – Builth.
12th Debbie Degge – Bromsgrove
Sherrie Hughes – Builth Wells (4); Karen Darby (2), Charlotte Raynor - Herefordshire GC; Wendy Douglas, Pip Frost - Kington; Alison Matthews, Jacqui Wilding - Cradoc; Gail Duffield – Sandwell; Jane Brian – Ombersley; Jane Collins – Burghill Valley.
Daily Mail Foursomes
Our ladies are on fire! Iris and Jenny were triumphant at Brecon and now progress to the fourth round.
Good luck girls!
Eagle for Wendy
Huge congratulations to Wendy Douglas who got an Eagle on the 18th.
Changes to Handicapping System for Ladies 2016
Brief outline of Main Changes to Handicapping System for Ladies 2016
In future the CONGU year will run from 1st January to 31st December, but the 2015 year ends on 31st March 2016.
- Decided by England Golf (EG) that these can be implemented by individual clubs between 31/10 and 01/04. Any extensions must be agreed by the county. Only permitted in closely mown areas; mark, lift, clean and replace within 6”. Preferred lies are not Winter Rules (club defined).
- Everyone is required to use the ‘c’ handicap status annotation
- 4BBB handicap allowance has gone from 75% to 90% for both Stroke and match play. This is compulsory.
Reactivation of handicap
- Any player who has had a handicap will have a CDH number; this is a life-time number. Your CDH number is on your handicap certificate.
- If a player leaves a club with a ‘c’ handicap, the status will remain valid for the following full calendar year, (should the player join another affiliated club).
Reinstatement of handicap status
- The reinstatement of a ‘c’ status requires the return of 3 qualifying scores. These can be 9 holes or 18 holes and can include supplementary scores; but must be played over a measured course to qualify. Players who have lost their ‘c’ have until the end of March to put in the cards required.
9 hole score recording
- Players who return a 9 holes score within their buffer zone will have 18 points added as now. If your score is outside your buffer zone, for handicap purposes only, the points scored for 9 holes will be doubled. This will not affect the published club result.
- You may only enter Supplementary scores at a club where you are a full member. Intention to play must be entered in the book; if the card is not handed in it is an automatic .1 increase.
There will be a continuous handicap review, as well as an annual review
- Run every 4-6 weeks from 01/03/2016 onwards, this is to try to ensure that a players’ handicap is fair and correct.
Any queries – Iris Corfield
Ladies v Ross on Wye .G.C.
The Match was played in horrendous conditions - we were all cold and wet. We must have worn Ross down as we won 3 1/2 - 1/2!! However, they are not daunted and have invited us back in August for a return Match at Ross!!