Daily Mail Foursomes
Our ladies are on fire! Iris and Jenny were triumphant at Brecon and now progress to the fourth round.
Good luck girls!
Eagle for Wendy
Huge congratulations to Wendy Douglas who got an Eagle on the 18th.
Changes to Handicapping System for Ladies 2016
Brief outline of Main Changes to Handicapping System for Ladies 2016
In future the CONGU year will run from 1st January to 31st December, but the 2015 year ends on 31st March 2016.
- Decided by England Golf (EG) that these can be implemented by individual clubs between 31/10 and 01/04. Any extensions must be agreed by the county. Only permitted in closely mown areas; mark, lift, clean and replace within 6”. Preferred lies are not Winter Rules (club defined).
- Everyone is required to use the ‘c’ handicap status annotation
- 4BBB handicap allowance has gone from 75% to 90% for both Stroke and match play. This is compulsory.
Reactivation of handicap
- Any player who has had a handicap will have a CDH number; this is a life-time number. Your CDH number is on your handicap certificate.
- If a player leaves a club with a ‘c’ handicap, the status will remain valid for the following full calendar year, (should the player join another affiliated club).
Reinstatement of handicap status
- The reinstatement of a ‘c’ status requires the return of 3 qualifying scores. These can be 9 holes or 18 holes and can include supplementary scores; but must be played over a measured course to qualify. Players who have lost their ‘c’ have until the end of March to put in the cards required.
9 hole score recording
- Players who return a 9 holes score within their buffer zone will have 18 points added as now. If your score is outside your buffer zone, for handicap purposes only, the points scored for 9 holes will be doubled. This will not affect the published club result.
- You may only enter Supplementary scores at a club where you are a full member. Intention to play must be entered in the book; if the card is not handed in it is an automatic .1 increase.
There will be a continuous handicap review, as well as an annual review
- Run every 4-6 weeks from 01/03/2016 onwards, this is to try to ensure that a players’ handicap is fair and correct.
Any queries – Iris Corfield
Ladies v Ross on Wye .G.C.
The Match was played in horrendous conditions - we were all cold and wet. We must have worn Ross down as we won 3 1/2 - 1/2!! However, they are not daunted and have invited us back in August for a return Match at Ross!!
Ladies Invitation Day - Tuesday, 9 June
Ladies Invitation Day was a great success - although the weather was not kind - again! Thirty one ladies played and then enjoyed a super buffet lunch in the Clubhouse.
1st Angela Wilkes & Pam Layton 38 pts
2nd Mary Hill & Lynn Relph 37 pts (on countback)
3rd Pip Frost & Denise Lairs 37 pts
Longest Drive - Jan Bowen
Nearest the Pin - Sue Price
Results in the Hereford Times
Thanks to Kay Taylor who has undertaken to send all the ladies' results to the Hereford Times.
Apologies that this hasn't been done of late due to some confusion!
LADIES COFFEE MORNING 14.04.15
The day started off with Bradnor Hill being windy and cold but ended in glorious sunshine. 62 Ladies, including 24 visitors, took part and thoroughly enjoyed the day and the Glenmuir fashion show that followed. There were several stalls in the Clubhouse to entice everyone to spend a bit of money and the day raised around £750 for the Joint Captains Charity of the St Michaels Hospice.The whole day was organised by Iris Corfield with several Ladies and Men helping out in various roles.
Winning Visitor : Janet Vaughan 19 BVGC
Division 1: Pauline Betteridge, Pip Frost, Wendy Priday all on 18 points. (back4)
Division 2: Sue Davies, Barbara Passey both on 20 points, Sue Purslow 18 (back 5)
Best Team score: Chris Hughes, Lisa Hughes, 9 both from Builth) Barbara Passey 51
Pip Frost, Barbara Smith, Brenda Hoyle 49
LADY VETERANS TROPHY 09.04.2015
On a wonderful day for Golf several Ladies came in with good scores.
1st Philippa Morrell 39
2nd Sue Davies 37
3rd Philippa Frost 35
KINGTON LADIES V HEREFORDSHIRE LADIES HOME 01.04.2015
Twelve ladies from each Club played on what was not a promising day weatherwise, we were however delighted to restrict the competition to 12 holes and managed to get in safely without getting wet. Shirley and her team provided a wonderful meal which was appreciated by us all.
Kington won 5-1